Originally posted on August 20, 2020
Earlier today 70 Republican former security officials released a statement: “We are profoundly concerned about our nation’s security and standing in the world under the leadership of Donald Trump. The President has demonstrated that he is dangerously unfit to serve another term.“
They went on to list 10 areas where he has failed:
- Donald Trump has gravely damaged America’s role as a world leader.
- Donald Trump has shown that he is unfit to lead during a national crisis.
- Donald Trump has solicited foreign influence and undermined confidence in our presidential elections.
- Donald Trump has aligned himself with dictators and failed to stand up for American values.
- Donald Trump has disparaged our armed forces, intelligence agencies, and diplomats.
- Donald Trump has undermined the rule of law.
- Donald Trump has dishonored the office of the presidency.
- Donald Trump has divided our nation and preached a dark and pessimistic view of America.
- Donald Trump has attacked and vilified immigrants to our country.
- Donald Trump has imperiled America’s security by mismanaging his national security team.
Pretty strong stuff, especially coming from former REPUBLICAN administrations. Roughly the same group put out a warning in 2016 that Trump “would be the most reckless president in American history.” It seems that they were right way back then. Let’s hope more Americans pay attention to their warnings in 2020.